Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Recommendations!

Date: Tuesday, August 16th, 2016.

Topic: Recommendations!
Framework: PDP
Skill: Listening
Teachers’ name: María José López
Adriana Turcios
Xiomara Torres
Paolo Mazariego

This was my turn to be the teacher. There were 15 students, and I started the class greeting them. The objective of the warm up activity was to review the previous lesson. I asked Ss to work with the person next to them. I gave them some worksheets with a word search game about food preparation. I check what they learned last class by asking them to tell me some words and then, they started to look for the words. They had two minutes to find the eight words in the chart. The students who finished first were the winners of the activity.

The post- listening stage was taught by my college T Xiomara. She made two groups and asked students to stand up and form two lines. She provided each group some flashcards with expressions about giving and accepting recommendations. They had to paste the flashcard in the correct category (to give or accept). Group 1 finished first, so that, they were the winners. After that, T Xiomara checked the order of the labels , and it was almost good. She read the expressions and asked Ss to repeat after her.

T Paolo was in charge of performing the During- listening activities. First, he gave a worksheet with a conversation to each student and play the audio title “sounds good to me”. In the first track, Ss listened, read and fill in the blank spaces with the expressions they heard. In the second one, they checked their answers. After that, T Paolo asked two students to read the conversation.
The next activity was the post-.T Adriana checked students pronunciation by asking them to read the expressions. She made pairs and gave them a situation where they were supposed to be in a restaurant. Student B asked student B to recommend him the best dish using the expressions they learned. First of all, teacher Xiomara and I roleplayed the situation, so students could understand better. T Adri gave students 5 minutes to recreate the situation. After that, she asked me to say a number from 1 to 6. And the three numbers that I said where the numbers of the groups who passed in front of the class to roleplay the situation.
Finally, I was in charge to finish the class, so I did the"time bomb" game. I set the timer in my cellphone and passed a ball to my students. The student who was holding the ball, when the time stops, was the person who took a piece of paper with a question from a box and answered it. There were three Ss who answered.


This was the first lesson that my colleges and I taught in teaching practicum 1. It was a nice experience to be in front of a class like the teacher. We tried to help each other to perform the activities as better as possible, and I think all the students focused their attention in the class. They also enjoyed the activities because they were interactive.
Here you can see the lesson planification:

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi majo,
    I consider that in the wrap up stage the teachers realized that the students were able to acknowledge the lesson, since all the students who were asked either a question or an example of giving or accepting recommendations answered correctly. Really good job guys, congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi majo,
    I consider that in the wrap up stage the teachers realized that the students were able to acknowledge the lesson, since all the students who were asked either a question or an example of giving or accepting recommendations answered correctly. Really good job guys, congrats.

    ReplyDelete